Monday, May 26, 2014

Necessary Clutch Wallet #3

I'm back again with another Necessary Clutch Wallet. This is the third one I made. The last two were in upholstery fabric and I wanted to see how the wallet felt made up in quilting cotton. I was a bit worried it would be a bit flimsy and not have as much structure as the other two but I was really pleased with it and it was so much easier to sew than the other two. I was able to make this one solely on my domestic sewing machine.

I'd bought some of this fabric about 4 years ago and couldn't get hold of any more. The last thing I made was a wallet and makeup bag set that you can see on my blog header. Luckily my daughter found some again and bought me four meters.

My wallet still isn't perfect so I guess I'll just have to keep making more till I'm happy with it LOLL.

The magnetic button was too far down so it was tough sewing around it as you can see on the inner row of stitching.


 I missed those little threads when I was snipping. Why is it they only show up on photos LOL.



On this wallet I added fabric zipper tabs to reduce the bulk when sewing into the sides.


See what I mean about the magnetic button being too far down. Of course if you use the twist lock like in the pattern you won't have this problem.


Ok that's enough wallets for now. I need to make 5 bags. Luckily they're not needed all at the same time.

Happy Sewing to you all.

~ Maria ~

19 comments:

  1. I am convinced you never sleep!! LOL
    Another beautiful wallet.
    Thanks for the tip of using tabs on the zipper part to make it easier to sew....great idea!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my e of your great wallets!!!SO cute and romantic...
    congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anastasia. Could you please send me your email so I can reply to you personally in future. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. This one is my favorite. It is so feminine. You were really lucky to get more of this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria it's so pretty in pink! I see you got the zipper on the correct side this time, lol!!! Of course I was beginning to think that maybe you were left handed and it was easier for you to have the zipper on the other side. That certainly is something to think about when making a wallet for someone that you know is left handed. I have a friend who is left handed and if I make her something with a zipper, I think I will put it opposite of how I usually sew it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely lovely - it would seem that the quilting fabric, with the layers and interfacing etc. - is just perfect for this project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria,
    it is GEORGEOUS! :O)))
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This wallet is so cute! It looks so pretty and feminine in these fabrics and I love that it has so many compartments too. Fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it !!! You did a nice work ! love the colors !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!! I love the design on the front.. Everything about it is wonderful. You have great workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Marni, that's so kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Beautiful!!! Is the pattern available or a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  13. amei esta carteira gostaria muito que me enviasse o molde

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wallet is veeeery nice. I tried one before but too limp. This is better. Where is pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola! ¡Es hermosa! ¿Podrías publicar los patrones? ¡Muchas gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would like the pattern to the wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Muy bonita me encanta pero los patrones

    ReplyDelete
  18. Indeed an amazing job you did. I was wondered when I found the title of your post at the time of looking for grabbing design and price ideas about wallet chain. Aha, really funny and excited too finding me into your clutch wallet DIY project. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~