Thursday, March 28, 2013

Zippy Bag

I really love how this bag came out. I finished making it this evening for the daughter of a friend. She was hit by a bus about a month ago which left one side of her face all bashed up. She stayed cheerful and optimistic through her ordeal and has come out of it looking even more beautiful than she was.

This is also the first bag I made with my new Zoje sewing machine. I didn't get much time to practice so I'm really pleased with the results.

The pattern is one of Jen Giddens. I tested this pattern back in August 2012.


I absolutely adore the green fabric and the lovely texture that all three of them have.



And just look at the strap. I'm really please with the stitching.



I had four layers of pleather, one quilting cotton and one uphlestery including fusible interfacing. My new machine just went through the layers as if it was butter.







 I also want to make a wallet for her to match the bag but that will have to wait for a while as a test bag is coming my way from Christine. Can't wait to try that one out.

Well I'm off to bed now as I've fallen asleep at the computer several times while writing this post. LOLLL
When I look at it tomorrow I'll probably find that I've written something that makes no sense at all.

I have linked up to Look What I made Wednesday at Creations by Kara.

~ Maria ~

14 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe how professional those stitches look. Your stitching was always very good and straight, but they are a whole new level of professional! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bag looks fabulous !!
    I see your new machine is doing good ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the texture of your fabrics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Zoje is a mighty warrior - that bag is fantastic (love the fabrics) and the stitching is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very effective having the zips at different angles. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking bag Maria. That fabric looked like suede from a distance, but those close-up photos make it look like a soft fabric. Love how your stitching is so perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome bag! The big machine did good! (and you too) lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this bag! excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precioso el bolso y los colores elegidos son divinos. Felicidades. Me gusta tu avatar de la mujer flamenca, ¿por qué lo elegiste?....¿tienes raíces españolas?
    Saludos de una española.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those offset zippers add so much to this cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a fab bag well done you !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my! That is so very gorgeous..... You are a natural!

    hugs x

    Crystelle

    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  13. beutiful and practical bag!nice colors ang good job!!!I like so much!!!
    greats from Greece

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~