Thursday, March 14, 2013

Potholders

First of all a quick update on my new Zoje sewing machine. Those of you who read my original post here will know I had problems controlling the speed. Well I've practices a little, not much but I'm getting there. At least I don't want to cry when I look at it now.

I finished making 24 fabric flowers like the ones I made here but forgot to take photos before I sent them to the shop for sale.
I also finished making some potholders.


These were made using the tutorial over at Oh, Fransson.


These next ones I really love and found the tutorial over at A Spoonful of Sugar. Only difference is I made the pockets slanted rather than straight.


These last ones were the easiest of the lot and you can find the tutorial at ...and sew on. I decided to bind my pocket edges.



~ Maria ~

9 comments:

  1. That's it! That's what I'm going to make next, heart shaped pot holders! Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your Zoje isn't as frightening to you now. Great potholders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, I love your potholders!! Nice colors, I like the different shapes, thanks for giving us the various links.
    You did a nice job!
    Marisa from
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great potholders, I've made the big square one and now it holds all my very sharp scissors inside to hide them away from the kids! Not quite what it was supposed to do but handy none the less! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pocket kind! my favorite set is an old pair I bought that have those, never even crossed my mind to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice potholders. Thanks for sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your potholders they look easy to make! But we all know looks can be deceiving! They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your potholders are cute! Thanks for the pattern links!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~