Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Festive Lunch

I try to keep this blog strictly for sewing and crafts but on occasion I'll post something different. I was so proud of this lunch that I just had to share it with you.

This is a traditional New Years lunch in my neck of the woods.
OK so it doesn't look very attractive but it really is delicious. It's fish stuffed with aromatic fresh herbs, ground walnuts, pomegranate paste and fish roe. It's baked in the oven, I took the photo before I took it out of the pan for fear it would all fall apart. LOLL


The fish is eaten with Herb Rice. The rice and fresh garlic is steamed in a non stick pan so when it's cooked you can flip it out like a cake. The bottom has some oil and water to give this crust. It came out just perfect.


Shame you can't smell the aromatic herbs. It's a gorgeous smell.


Ok that's enough about food, now I'm going to make a new post of a bag I made.

~ Maria ~

1 comment:

  1. I'll pass on the fish, but the rice looks DELICIOUS! Wish I could smell it from here, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~